Wednesday 28 March 2018

Portals and Pathways Part 21

Portals and Pathways

Part 21

Not Just Names

Have you ever gone through the book of Chronicles and managed to read through all the names? It's a tedious  exercise and a lot of people have skipped the names and have gone on to read the other parts of the Bible.

One time I took my Bible and a Hebrew dictionary and started reading name by name, looking for meanings and significance of the names. What surprised me was that every name told a story. Some names spoke judgment, salvation, frustrations and even the bearer's responsibilities.

I went a step further and looked at the friends in my own life and noticed how the names spoke of the stages I was going through in my life . I observed later on that every friend I had heard spoke of the situations I was going through at that moment.



The discipline I exercised,  looking up the names in the Word, opened my eyes to see even in my own life. The Word says, "Can two walk together unless they are in agreement?" When you walk with a friend, the negative influence of their name can also negatively affect your life unless you change it.

My wife, Grace, came into my life at a time when I really needed the grace of God .Through the years, I have seen the grace of God because of my wife's name.

The positive effects of a name also impact your life . Jesus changed the names of some of his disciples immediately after meeting them. The new names would change their lives and destinies immediately.

What is the meaning of your name or even your friends' names? What are the names saying concerning your life? I have noticed how even the bearer of the name possesses the attitude and characteristics that their name carries.

Names are important and every detail in the Bible is important.

God bless you!

Apostle Humphrey


No comments:

Post a Comment