Thursday 15 March 2018

Portals and Pathways part 16

Portals and Pathways

 Part 16

There is a stream of God's Spirit that flows all around us and when you tap into this river, it can give you access to the blessings connected to it.

Rev 22 vs 1 says the river flows from the throne of God. The Holy Spirit is this river of life and when you drink from Him, you are refreshed.

The gifts of the Spirit are manifested by those that have opened themselves up so that the river flows through them. Being full of the Spirit is a continuous exercise and a lot do not drink from the river daily. Do not start your day without drinking from this river. (Eph 5 vs 18).

One may ask: how can I drink from, or have access to, this river? Worship is one key way of tapping into this river. When in prayer, I just find myself so overwhelmed by Him that I lift up my voice to Him. I have realised that during most of my prayer time, I sing or shout  praises to God. I can spend an hour in worship.


I remember one day I wanted to get out of my prayer room  and the Holy Spirit said to me, "Two more minutes..." The minutes turned into hours! When in worship, allow the river of God's presence to just overflow through and over you.

Worship should be your lifestyle. Today throw yourself into this river and allow him to fill you afresh. Have you ever been so full of Him when alone at home or in prayer that you just fall under his power?

Some people think you just fall under His power at church. You can also fall under His power during times of personal fellowship. Can you tap into this river everyday of your life?

In the Bible, there are examples of people like Elisha who understood this key of tapping into this river through worship or music. When he was asked for a word from the Lord, Elisha said, "And now bring me a musician."

And it happened that when the musician was playing the hand of the Lord came upon him. (2 Kings 3:15). When he was asked to prophesy, he understood that he could only prophesy by tapping into this river through worship.

Today, I will put a link to a worship song. Sing along and tap into this river. Tap into the river of God.

God bless you!

Apostle Humphrey


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these amazing teachings

    ReplyDelete